Lostsong Project’s Debut Album Release – Tracks listed below are available on CD & Limited Edition Vinyl from this website. Single tracks or album download from iTunes and over 70 digital stores worldwide.
As Teenagers both playing in bands in country Victoria, Chris and Sean had a passion for music. Meeting and forming a band together ‘gave us the opportunity to perform original music with regular gigs’. After success locally, and two EP’s, priorities changed to family and business. Over the years Chris and Sean have remained good mates, and it was inevitable that one day the music would be revisited.
“Though they are unveiling a brand new project, you wouldn’t consider longtime friends Chris Mustica and Sean Bowen to be rookies on the music scene. Writing songs together since their formative years, the duo now find themselves teaming up under the moniker Lostsong Project. It’s clear that these talented two have the skills and experience necessary to create a must-hear album, so it was with that momentum that they released LSP earlier this year. Exploiting a blend of throwback-with-today, the album takes off with the aptly titled, “Big Sound.” Creating a captivating experience, LSP expertly weaves classic stylings together, and proves the duo’s masterful musicianship inside of their genre- bending brand of rock-and-country smash with powerful ballads. The John Lennon’esque piano/ symphonic epic “Before The Sun” paints a beautiful image of God’s everlasting pursuit of our hearts, making it our favorite track.
“After garnering multiple nominations at The Australian Songcomp and ranking among the top artists featured at this year’s International Songwriting Competition, Lostsong Project clearly have a successful launching pad for making much more memorable music to come. “
– CCM Magazine staff
The debut, self titled album was recorded in the ‘Lost- after Hours‘ over a two year period
and is available on itunes, Limited Edition Vinyl and CD format.
These songs were tracked in our own studios, then remixed and tweaked at both ‘The Grove Studios’ (Silverchair/Eskimo Joe/INXS) in Gosford, and ‘The Base’ (Seth Sentry/Bliss n Esso) in South Melbourne, before being mastered by Jack the Bear (Melbourne) and Leon Zervos (Studio301) Sydney.
NASHVILLE– In The last twelve months Chris & Sean spent time in Nashville writing and recording for the ‘Lostsong Nashville Sessions’ side project due to be released in 2017
– Lostsong Productions started up and has produced music videos, advertisments and completed production on a short film for an independent film festival.
– Securing THREE songs from the New Release Album ‘LSP’ in the FINAL Top Ten Nominees in ROCK for ‘The Australian Songcomp’ -‘Ready Fire Aim’, ‘Last Kiss Goodbye’ and ‘Big Sound’
– THREE songs in the FINAL Top Ten Nominees for other songwriting genres from the Lostsong Nashville Sessions, COUNTRY –‘Together We Belong’ BALLAD Runner Up –‘I Know You Like It’ and SPIRITUAL- ‘Before The Sun’ .
– Top 30 Nomination in the INTERNATIONAL SONGWRITING COMPETITION (Rock) for ‘BIG SOUND’ off the new album and I Know You Like It (Country) from the Nashville Sessions
– The ‘Australian Independent Music Awards‘ with SIX Nominations , Three from the Debut Album LSP – ‘Ready Fire Aim’ (Rock) ‘Last Kiss Goodbye’ ( Rock) ‘Get Back time’ (Acoustic) and also Three songs from the ‘Nashville Sessions’ in Country music as a side project – ‘ I Know You Like It’ , ‘Together We Belong’ and ‘Hand Made Silk Dress’
-Australian Songwriting Association , Runner Up -‘Get Back Time’ ( Acoustic/Folk) and ‘Before The Sun’ (Spiritual) Finalist, as well as for The Nashville Sessions – Finalist for ‘I know You Like it’ (Country), ‘I Know You Like It’ (Ballad)
GREAT AMERICAN SONG CONTEST- Finalist “Jane Austen Could Never Write” (A/C) and “Hand Made Silk Dress” (Country)
Australian Songwriting Association – Nominee for the Rudy Bransma Award for Songwriting Excellence – Chris Mustica
We thank you for checking out the tunes,